Okay so we get it… It’s Christmas and Christmas is traditionally a time to eat, drink and be merry with family and friends!
And, although here at Hexey we are passionate about eating food for good health, we are in no way the Christmas lunch police.
However if you are one of the many people who have been focused on their diet and health throughout 2016, you may be starting to feel a little worried about the Christmas period and what it will do to your waistline.
Christmas day is one day out of 365 days in the year. Just as you don’t lose weight you’ve gained over time in one day, you will not gain weight you’ve lost in one day!
You can reduce the amount of weight you gain by following these helpful tips!
- Limit the amount of days you go overboard on indulging – plan your days and keep your indulging to a limited amount of days.
- Stay active up until Christmas Day – this is one of the busiest times of the year but keeping active right up until the day will help reduce weight gain and will also keep you motivated to continue exercising once it’s all done and dusted.
- Give yourself a Christmas period pass for weight maintenance rather than weight loss – trying to diet over Christmas may lead to negative feelings which can create bad choices such as binge eating. Instead give yourself a pass to concentrate on maintaining your current weight by eating nutritious food.
- If you know you are going to indulge try to fit in an exercise session on the same day – exercise can be simple and done in your living room. Spend 30 minutes to an hour doing an exercise session (there are many videos on youtube you can follow) on the day you know you will be indulging.
- Watch your portion sizes – keep your portion sizes perfect by taking notice of the size of dinner plates your meals are served on. If possible ask to have your meals served on an entree plate or even dish out meals yourself.
- Get the family active after lunch – have your family move outside for a game of cricket or hit the local park for family soccer.
- Inform your family and friends that you would prefer not to have chocolates as gifts – let your family and friends know you are eating healthy nutritious food and ask them to give you a gift such as Hexey meals for a week!
So there you have it! Following some or even all these tips should help to keep you on track and motivated for the year ahead. Let us know if you have any other tips for the Christmas period we haven’t mentioned!
Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!